Sunday, April 19, 2015

Through the door


Four years ago I started a project to take one photo every day for a year.  I made it from January to September...and then my life went...kaboom.  I separated from my husband, my just 4 year old daughter and I moved into a tiny little house and I went from housewife/stay at home mother to working two jobs and trying not to freak out about what I had just decided to do.  It seemed crazy.  It was crazy.  And four years later I can't say that I've got it all figured out and everything is perfect now, life is still a lot of hard work and a mixed bag of mistakes and lessons learned and small steps towards "better".

In a strange way my old photo project (which you can find here if you're curious) felt like a catalyst to much of the change that happened that year.  I literally turned the lens towards my own life and that much introspection can be a bit dangerous to the status quo.  But that is such a GOOD thing.  I'll take chaos and hardship in the name of truth over complacency any day.

So hear it goes again.  Time to shake things up a bit.  Not that I'm looking to make my life implode again, just ready to be aware of everyday.  And of course ready to make more images that I love and can look back on and remember this year.  Because I think it may be a good one, just a hunch.

This of course is my lovely daughter, Josephine.  Seven now, and everyday feeling less like a child and more like my best friend that I just happen to pack lunch for everyday.  There were some much more silly, fun shots from today that would have been a better representation of her, but this one stood out to me.

Til tomorrow,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment